Monday, October 06, 2014

Day 6: A Favorite Antique Shop


One thing that I want to start sharing more often is favorite spots to shop, eat, or enjoy in the places where we've called home over the years…or from our travels.

I love browsing antique stores. Sometimes I'm on the hunt for something very specific…and other times I just happen upon something that I love.

Whether on the hunt or just window-shopping, my all-time favorite antique spot is in my hometown of Asheville, North Carolina. The Antique Tobacco Barn is a must-see if you love thrifting or antiquing and happen to be visiting Asheville. 

screenshot of the website

From fine antiques to well-worn pieces that need some vision and elbow grease…bone china to children's tea sets…you will find surprises around every turn. I always leave, brimming with ideas for something to look for or a new way to use something I have at home! 


I loved this stack of colorful ladders a few years ago…and I'm wondering now why I didn't take home one or two of those crates pictured above!


Near these Ball jars, I discovered one of my favorite finds on a trip with my Mom. We found a couple of vintage Biltmore Dairy milk bottles. We excitedly took them home…a sweet reminder from both of our childhoods: enjoying the company's ice cream at the Biltmore Dairy Bar!

The Antique Barn is a spot I try hard to visit each time I'm in Asheville. And lately, Hadleigh has loved visiting antique stores too…so I love getting to share some of these trips with her too! Can't wait until my next visit!

Do you have a favorite antique spot? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs