Friday, August 01, 2014

Rainy Day Fun


I've been yearning over the last week for a little rain. Cool temps and rainy weather seemed to be all over instagram and the United States except for my little patch of grass. I exaggerate, but still.

Today we woke to clouds and a little fall of rain. And a forecast with a chance all day long. Enough to call it a rainy day. 

And so we had tea and cookies on a blanket in the living room while I read aloud. And then we finished the hour reading independently, lost in two different volumes of Narnia, on an adventure with the Boxcar Children, and challenged and encouraged by Emily Freeman. 40 minutes of silent reading, minus Madeleine's announcements of pictures of dwarves and how many chapters she had left.

These are some of the moments I dreamed of as a mother of toddlers…and wondered if I would ever experience as a mother of a late-blooming-reader. It's a joy to see my children lost in stories, wandering in the adventures of their imaginations. 

So it's no surprise that for today's photo-a-day challenge, I chose to share my idea of rainy-day FUN.


I'm not sure if I'll be sharing these daily or not on the blog, but you can follow me on Instagram to keep up daily.  

Here are the prompts if you'd like to play along with The Idea Room's August Photo-a-day Challenge! I am always glad that I've participated at the end! Let me know if you're joining in…I'd love to follow along!


No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs