Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Summer Fun List!


In addition to the fun things in store for us as a family this summer, I also have a list of my own summer pursuits. I am really enjoying these laid-back days…watching the kiddos play and get creative with their time…and finding longer stretches of time to indulge my own creative ideas!


Here's what's on my list for this summer:


  • reading. Lots of reading. I'll be back next week with a post about what books are on my summer shelf!
  • quilting! A good friend this past year has completed two quilts using her children's baby clothes. I am in the midst of cutting lots and lots of six-inch squares…and pretty soon, I'm going to be using that gorgeous pincushion above while stitching them all together. (Pincushion was made  by my sweet friend, Jen Kershner. She is full of inspiration!) I've never quilted before…and most of my sewing projects have included only simple straight lines, so I'll keep you posted. But I am SO excited about this project.
  • writing. I'm hoping to start a steady writing routine. I used to write all the time in my pre-mothering days. I feel that desire beginning again. 
  • art. There are a few things that I've put off trying. Watercolor. Letterpress. Calligraphy. In the last year or so, I've taken some classes and acquired supplies. I generally get discouraged from trying because of the preparation involved and mess that accompanies these…but I think it's time to put them to use!
What are you hoping to begin or begin again this summer? I'd love to hear all about it! And now, I'm off to cut more fabric while my kiddos are at VBS! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Jen Kershner said...

I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to see the pincushion in its new home!

I seriously have the very same things on my hope to do list as you. How crazy is that?

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs