Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Madeleine counts nine more days...


 ...until Valentines Day! 

My kiddos love this day...and I enjoy making it special! (Madeleine asked me once what the Valentines Day songs were...when I looked confused, she said "You know Mom, like Silent Night and Joy to the World at Christmas? What do we sing for Valentines Day?" Love that little girl.)

For the last few years, we have hosted a Valentines Day Party for a few friends around lunchtime...heart themed food, a craft, and a valentine exchange. We are looking forward to doing this again!

Here are a few ideas from my V-day Pinterest Board for this year to make this year's Valentines Day memorable:


To begin the kid's days...I think filling their closet with heart balloons would be a huge hit!


And for breakfast, either these strawberry-nutella homemade pop tarts or...


Strawberry Nutella French Toast. Obviously, I think breakfast, strawberries & nutella are a match made by Cupid!


I know a little guy that is going to flip when he sees these! The website these are from also have some other more girlish ideas using the glowsticks as well.


A healthy & cute lunchtime treat!


I think this would be a fun craft to interpret more simply for the girls...still trying to find a boy craft idea.  (Two years ago, we painted wooden snakes. Yep. But they were a hit!)

 via

And as for a dessert to make for My Valentine...the Pastry Affair & I have such very similar tastes. I'm thinking either the above Pomegranate White Wine Panna Cotta or


The Chocolate Pomegranate Tart. I don't know how I'm going to make up my mind!

Do you have any fun Valentines Day ideas or projects planned? Please share!!!

5 comments:

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

No plans as of yet--but I really want that chocolate pom tart now...

LB whosthischick said...

Oh yum!

Anonymous said...

What special and wonderful ideas! You are so creative about making holidays special. Enjoy your Valentine's Day! I can't wait to see more pics as the day approaches.

Anonymous said...

p.s How did I not know about The Pastry Affair before? WOW!

Kim said...

I'm thinking of making chocolate dipped strawberry "lady bugs" for the two kiddos that are at school all day (the two at CC are getting cookie grahams made by the Challenge classes). For a picture... http://wingitvegan.blogspot.com/2011/02/theyre-heeeere-vegantines-day.html

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs