Tuesday, January 08, 2013

twenty thirteen


I've been slow to return to this space this year. Forgive me.

The dawning of a new year is for me like the dawning of a new day. 



A quiet time. A reflective time.

I captured the picture above on our first morning in Asheville before Christmas. I'm not sure why I woke up. I was tired, the room was empty, and it was before seven (the time when our children can leave their rooms.)

But when I looked out my childhood window, this beautiful sky greeted me. The forest was ablaze.

And I sat, soaking it in.

That's kind of how I still feel...like I'm soaking in this new year...wondering what it will hold for us. It will be another year of change, for we know a move awaits us with the coming of summer.

This may be the first year that I don't have a written list of some sort of goals/resolutions/dreams. Not that I don't have any...but I'm still pondering what it is this year that I want to focus on...

What it is that I want this space to be.

And so, I'm still soaking in this new year and the beauty that I already see in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgive you! :)
I've been the same way this year. It seems strange that it is already January 9th. I feel like I just want life to "hold on to this moment and have everything stay exactly as it is..." just to breathe for a minute. I'm both completely ready for summer and not wanting it to come. Looking forward to all that this spring holds but desperately not wanting to move forward another day.
Anyway, all that to say I get it.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs