Monday, September 26, 2011

Saturday was Party Day...

for this soon-to-be eight year old. 

(She still has 12 more days of being seven. Sigh from this mommy.)


And she decided to celebrate with a scrapbooking party.  And it was fun.


The guests were first greeted by this pinterest-inspired balloon wreath...


and then by the bashful-at-first birthday girl.

The details:

At each place, was a goodie bag (filled with letter stickers, tape runner, gluestick, stickers, roll of ribbon, and assorted glittery embellishments) a white 4x6 album I put together using Zutter's Cover-All albums, white cardstock, and Zutter's page protectors, scraps of white cardstock, and a packet of 12 coordinating 4x6 patterned papers.


The birthday girl, busy at work. I gave each girl the option of using Studio Calico's Mr. Huey mists to color the covers of their albums...and I think each girl did an amazing job.  Love how Hadleigh and Madeleine's both turned out!




The table was full of goodies...stamps, punches, bins of shaped scissors (each girl got to take one home afterwards), pens...ribbons, more scissors.





My littlest (who did so well with the older girls) who is great at putting all her embellishments together on one page! :)


Hard at work.  I was quite impressed with her creative ideas and her diligence!  Most all the girls finished their albums and then ran to play until it was time for cake.


Hadleigh requested red velvet cake (mmm...she has good taste!), and I made the little banner to coordinate with her invitations and add to the scrapbook theme.

It was a fun party to coordinate...and Hadleigh was so excited and appreciative.  I think she had a very special day...and I just love watching her growing up into such a sweet and unique little lady.

(I have to add...I LOVED working with the Zutter albums and page protectors, which I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby for a steal.  They're also on sale online, and I plan on buying up a bunch.  They are perfect for mini-albums, gifts, and little scrapbooker-in-training, of which I seem to have a couple!)

4 comments:

Allison Waken said...

What a perfect party! How fun! They did a great job on the pages you shared. Awesome job Mom!

Christa said...

What an awesome party! You did such a great job!

lisa truesdell said...

what a fun idea - love all the perfect touches. and YUM on the cake!

Shawna said...

What you didn't say is that you pulled this all off in ONE WEEK of planning. I mean - hello!? You are so awesomely talented. LOVED everything. Darling.

I love seeing these girls take after their momma. ;)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs