Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My weakness.

When it comes to cooking, my weakness is baking. I know this comes to no surprise to many of you...but...

In the past few weeks, Brent has really started to be more disciplined about eating. He has also been exercising consistently for several months now, doing the Crossfit program...both very good things that I'm proud of him for. So, he's also been much more disciplined about encouraging my baking habits. Or, more accurately I suppose, not encouraging my baking habits. Which is also good. But it makes me want to bake all the more, you know?

There is a recipe in the new Southern Living magazine for a chocolate fudge cake that I've been dying to try for the last five days (since I read about it). I think we'll enjoy a little bit of it this weekend...but I really want to make it NOW!

So instead of baking right now, I'll share this really really really yummy brownie recipe that a good friend gave me. Brent LOVES it. It's wonderful on its own, warmed a bit...but it is super delicious if you serve it with coffee ice cream and just a tiny splash of Irish Cream or Kahlua.

Ultimate Brownies
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 (heaping) cup unsweetened cocoa (Dark cocoa if possible)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and/or chunks
1 cup walnuts, optional

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix liquid ingredients in a large bowl. Add flour, sugar, cocoa, powder, and salt to liquid ingredients and mix well.

2. Add chocolate and nuts, if desired, and stir in. Pour batter into a greased 13x9 inch pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm.

1 comment:

mom2ee said...

this recipe will definately make a thit at our house...maybe i will make it and eat it all myself (LOL). your babies are beautiful

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs