Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Things I need today

1. a pedicure...really need one badly.
2. a haircut...I won't tell you when my last one was!
3. an idea for dinner tonight.
4. two children (and not just one) to fall asleep while napping...so far, not so good :)

And I'm sure you don't need a great cake recipe today, but I will give you one anyway! I am not always a huge fan of carrot cakes, but this one is the best I've ever had. My very first friend after moving to Goldsboro after our honeymoon, Catherine, gave this to me! (I love how I have recipes from people who live literally all over the world! You have to love that about the Air Force!) I wish that the first time I made this cake, I knew about the pre-packaged grated carrots...because that would sure save time! (But of course...if you're a purist...pull out that grater!)

Anyway, this recipe comes from her mother-in-law...and it is fabulous! I hope you enjoy it!

Sydney's Carrot Cake

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup oil

1. Mix the above ingredients together and add:

2 cups flour
1/3 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon

2. Add and mix well:

1 small can crushed pineapple (1 cup of it not drained)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup flaked coconut
3 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups grated carrots

3. Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour (sheet cake). If making 3 layers, cook for 35 minutes instead. Cool completely and ice with cream cheese frosting, recipe follows.

Cream Cheese Frosting

Mix:
8 ounces cream cheese
1 stick butter, softenend
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 box powdered sugar

1 comment:

Jillian Marie said...

Carrot cake is my favorite cake on earth, the recipe sounds divine!

Silly girl, go get yourself a pedi already! ;)

Hope all is well, how are you feeling these days?

xoJ

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs