Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Chicken in a Basket

This is an old family favorite that I remembered about a year ago! It is so good, and I have yet to find a child that doesn't like it...after all, it's got a very fun name!

I have tweaked the recipe a little from my mom's original (though neither she nor I use the mushrooms, but I left that in just in case some of you are mushroom fanatics.) I add chopped pecans...and I don't have a set measurement for them, I just add until I feel it's enough, kinda like my scones :) And the pecans are a great addition...they give a little extra crunch and nuttiness to the chicken.

I think I'm going to have to suggest Brent pick up the stuff for this on his way home, because it sounds so good. And he will be so happy that we're not going out or getting take out...

Chicken in a Basket
3-4 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
4 oz. mushrooms, optional
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans, to suit your taste
2 packages crescent rolls (I like Pillsbury)
1 to 2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix chicken, mushrooms, pecans, and cream cheese together in a medium bowl.
3. Unroll crescent rolls and divide along perforated lines. On each triangle, place a large spoonful of the chicken mixture at the bottom of the triangle and roll it up.
4. Place all rolled chicken crescents on a baking sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
5. While crescents are baking, pour the soup in a saucepan and heat. Gradually add milk until it is the consistency of gravy. Pour sauce into a serving dish, and serve over each chicken in a basket.

1 comment:

Jillian Marie said...

Hi miss Kimber, long time no post....been a bit under the weather. Life is getting back to good though, always love your recipes, TFS esp your family fav's. Hope all is well, have you surpassed the morning (or should I call it all day) sickness yet?? miss ya...JMP

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs